2015 Nov 11: Afterschool Programs at RISD
In prior weeks I have mentioned the importance of our afterschool program at Rockdale ISD. This week Sandy Robbins, iTigers Coordinator at Rockdale Intermediate School, has information that again verifies my take on this very successful program going on at each of our campuses.
The iTigers ACE programs, (Afterschool Centers on Education), have been very busy this year on each of the campuses, striving to make a difference. The Teachers have been diligent in the daily afterschool tutorials and enrichment activities offered to students. English Language Learning classes were offered at the High School and the Elementary. iFit classes, for parents, have started on Monday and Wednesday nights at the High School. We have had “Lights On After School” showcasing activities from all four campus and we have begun a Parent Night, held on the first Monday of each month. Even with all this, we have much more planned before the RISD Holiday Break.
Please mark your calendars and come join us in these upcoming events:
- Nov 17, Tuesday - The High School will hold a Clothing Swap/Give-away, all day long in room E 120. All RISD students and families are welcome.
- Nov 17, 18 and 19 – The annual Pumpkin Pie Event will be happening in the Intermediate Cafeteria. Intermediate iTiger parents are invited to come and make pumpkin pies with their student each day from 4:30-5:30pm. Our goal is to make and donate 100 Pumpkin Pies to the Thanksgiving Outreach Program, which is hosted by a variety of community churches and organizations here in Rockdale.
- Nov 19, Thursday – a Thanksgiving Pot Luck will be held at the High School for all iTigers parents and students from all campuses. iTigers will provide the Turkey and Dressing, attending families are asked to bring a covered side-dish and enjoy a fabulous Thanksgiving meal. The meal begins at 5:40pm and goes to 6:30pm.
- Dec 5, Saturday - iTigers will be offering free Christmas activities for all children at Christmas Down Town. We will be located by the Train Depot from 1pm – 4pm. Please come by and have some Holiday Fun!
- Dec 7, Monday – Parent Night. The guest speaker will be Courtney Paulsen, from Little River. The Jr. High Commons will be the meeting place and the topic will be Depression. Dinner will be supplied, along with drawings for prizes.
We hope that you will join us at our upcoming events. If you have any questions, please contact one of your iTigers ACE Coordinators:
Denise Doss, High School (512) 430-6013
Leesa Perez, Jr. High School (512) 430-6072
Valarie Willingham, Elementary (512) 430-0737
Sandy Robbins, Intermediate (512) 430-6226