Building Reservations for School/District Affiliated Events
Facility reservations for Rockdale ISD schools are available to school affiliated organizations first. Schools should complete a reservations request at least 1 week in advance to ensure HVAC and lighting services are arranged. A contract for the reservation when used by school affiliated organization is not required.
To use any facility (this includes classrooms, libraries, gyms, cafeteria, etc.) after 3:30 PM, a Facility Use Application must be submitted to the campus office.
A form is required for:
- Any scheduled meeting/event that extends beyond school hours
- Weekend events
To use a building in the district, the following procedures will be followed:
- When an event is to be scheduled, the user must submit a form to the campus office for approval at least one week in advance. If there is a conflict, the user will be notified and an alternate date can be decided.
- Once the office receives the request, the date is put on the school calendar. It is then sent to the Assistant Principal of the campus where the event will be held.
- The Assistant Principal makes a copy for himself and the custodial staff. If the kitchen or technology is required for the event, a copy will be sent to these offices.
- The Assistant Principal sends the original back to the campus office to be put on file.
- If it becomes necessary to change or cancel an event, contact the campus office to have the event taken off of the calendar.
Facilities with restrictions:
- The Band Hall is not available for non-school use.
- The High School Home Economics Living Room is limited to High School use only until 4:30 PM
- The Science Labs are available for campus use only.
Building Reservations for Nonschool Affiliated Events
Rockdale ISD's Board of Trustees established policy GKD (Local) - Nonschool Use of School Facilities
to govern the process for allowing for the after hours use of Rockdale ISD schools by outside entities. Please read this policy before attempting to reserve a facility, as it outlines some very specific limitations on the types and use allowed by the District.
If you have any questions, or, if after reviewing the policy, your organization is interested in renting a Rockdale ISD school, please complete the Facility Use Application available below and return the document to the contact person below.