Board of Trustees
Front Row: Amy Casas (Board Secretary), Julia Cardona (Board Vice-President), Janice Keen, Lindsey Lillard; Back Row: Denise Monzingo (Superintendent), Troy Zinn (Board President), Jason Barcak, Charles Miles
Rockdale ISD Board of Trustees
|Place 1:||Jason Barcak (May 2024)|
|Place 2:||Troy D. Zinn (May 2024)|
|Place 3:||Amy Casas (May 2025)|
|Place 4:||Charles Miles (May 2025)|
|Place 5:||Lindsey Lillard (May 2025)|
|Place 6:||Janice Keen (May 2026)|
|Place 7:||Julia Cardona (May 2026)|
Contact the Board
Continuing Education Requirements
At the April 17, 2023 Regular School Board Meeting, Board President Troy Zinn announced that under State Board of Education Rule, completing required continuing education each year of service is a basic obligation and expectation of any sitting board member.
The Board President is required to announce the name of each member who:
• Has completed the required continuing education;
• Has exceeded the required continuing education; and
• Is deficient in meeting the required continuing education.
The requirements for training are measured as of the first anniversary of the date of the trustee’s election or appointment or two-year anniversary of his or her previous training, as applicable.
Continuing Education Training Areas
- Local District Orientation
- Orientation to the Texas Education Code
- Post-Legislative Update to the Texas Education Code
- Team Building
- Additional Continuing Education
- Evaluating Student Academic Performance and Setting Goals
- Identifying and Reporting Abuse, Trafficking, and Other Maltreatment of Children
- School Safety
Local District Orientation
Orientation to the Texas Education Code
Post-Legislative Update to the Texas Education Code
Additional Continuing Education
Evaluating Student Academic Performance and Setting Goals
Identifying and Reporting Abuse, Trafficking, and Other Maltreatment of Children
There are NO Rockdale ISD Board Members deficient in meeting the required obligations and expectation of continuing education hours.
Board members Troy Zinn, Charles Miles, Julia Cardona, Amy Casas, Janice Keen, Jason Barcak, and :Lindsey Lillard have completed and exceeded the required continuing education requirements.