A mandatory training is required before individuals can sub in the district. This training is normally held at the beginning of each school year. This training will include processes for the automated substitute service Rockdale ISD implements (AESOP). Individuals interested in becoming substitute teachers must attend this training in order to qualify for the substitute list.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and provide consent to a criminal background check.
To become a substitute for Rockdale Independent School District, we require:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Valid RN or LVN License and current CPR certificate
- Excellent people skills
- Proficiency in the English language
- Aesop System Orientation (Online or face-to-face)
- Cleared National Criminal History